Here’s a simple recipe for a classic pasta dish – Spaghetti Aglio e Olio:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8-10 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic is fragrant and just starting to turn golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet with the garlic and oil. Toss to combine, making sure the spaghetti is evenly coated with the garlic oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the chopped parsley. Serve the pasta hot, garnished with Parmesan cheese.
Enjoy your delicious Spaghetti Aglio e Olio!