Here’s a recipe for a delicious beef shoulder roast:
- 1 beef shoulder roast (approximately 3-4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Season the beef shoulder roast with salt and pepper on all sides. Place the roast in the pot and sear on all sides until browned.
- Add the beef broth, red wine, tomato paste, thyme, and rosemary to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Cover the pot with a lid and place in the oven. Roast for 3-4 hours, or until the beef is fork-tender.
- Once the beef is cooked, remove it from the pot and let it rest for 10-15 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute.
- While the beef is resting, strain the cooking liquid through a fine-mesh strainer to remove any solids. This will create a rich and flavorful sauce.
- Slice the beef against the grain and serve with the sauce.
Enjoy your delicious and flavorful beef shoulder roast!