Here’s a simple macaroni recipe with tomato sauce:
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions until al dente.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, basil, and oregano to the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the cooked macaroni and add it to the tomato sauce. Stir well to coat the macaroni with the sauce.
- Serve the macaroni hot, topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
Enjoy your delicious macaroni with tomato sauce!